Monday, March 15, 2010

The EASIEST Hors d'œuvre

I tried out this hors d'oeuvre recently for my husband's birthday. I obviously go for tasty bites, but I try to do ones that I can prepare, at least in part, ahead of time. The combination didn't sound that appealing at first, but I figured I would try something new. I'm glad I did! Everyone complimented me on how GREAT they tasted. The combination of sweet date and pungent blue cheese is a nice balance.
Trust me, they'll be gone before you know it!!

Ingredients:
Dates
Blue Cheese
(I get the big tubs of pitted dates and blue cheese at Costco...Even if you have leftovers, they won't go bad for awhile)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slightly open the pitted dates (if they aren't pitted yet, do that) and stuff a few blue cheese crumbles inside. This step you can do the morning of and leave them in the fridge.

Bake on a non-stick cookie sheet, or put parchment paper down, for about 5 - 10 minutes; just long enough that the blue cheese melts. Serve!

1 comment:

  1. These sound so delicious!!! I'm going to have to try them. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete