Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Favorite Salt

When I was studying abroad in Spain in college, my parents and I went over to Mallorca for the weekend. We stopped at the La Residencia Hotel in Deia for lunch (by the way, the best lunch I've ever had...but that's for another post) and the waiter brought over bread, olive oil, and this wonderful sea salt, Flor de Sal Hibiscus, to accompany it. This fuscia-colored salt had such a wonderful taste and hibiscus aroma that we bought a few cans to take home with us. In the years since, I have been rationing it off, literally sprinkle by sprinkle, thinking it would be impossible to find once I had gone through my supply. Well, a few months ago, my mom stumbled upon it while exploring the Surfas Restaurant Supply Store in Culver City. If you can't make it to Culver City, it's available on the web, on sites like Amazon. So, no more rationing for me!! I would absolutely reccommend this to add to your kitchen collection.

P.S. 5 years later, the salt smells just as strongly of hibiscus (in a good way) as it did when we first bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment