Friday, March 5, 2010

I heard about this book, Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong, on NPR yesterday and it seems like a nice addition to my library (aka my one bookshelf packed to the brim with books). It's about using READILY AVAILABLE plant based remedies for common ailments. Now, I am all for western medicine...I practically have my internist on speeddial, but I also like more homeopathic remedies as well. I rely on things like Echinacea, and have a never-ending supply of Green and Chamomile Teas that, I swear, get me through flu season. It seems like more and more these days people are enjoying the combination of eastern and western medicine.

2 comments:

  1. You should read "A China Study". It will definitely make you rethink what you put in your body. One of the key points is preventing ailments (more serious things like heart disease, cancer, diabetes) through diet as drugs aren't the answer. They can only help once you've got something and God knows what side effects you have from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That sounds very interesting. If you have it, I'd love to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete