Thursday, March 25, 2010

R23 - A Great Downtown Sushi Restaurant

I first heard about this restaurant, R23, from my sister. She and my brother-in-law went there for dinner one night and her description, "a sheek sushi restaurant in a converted industrial building in the heart of downtown LA," intrigued me. Then, a friend from work mentioned that she had been there and really liked it, so I added it to my list of restaurants-to-try. Particularly with sushi restaurants, I will only try them by referral. I figure it's safer that way :). I had an excuse yesterday to try it: my "goodbye lunch" as I leave my current job. My sister's description was perfect...the restaurant is in a converted building with exposed ducts, brick walls, big open windows, hardwood floors, and art on the walls. As you sit down, you realize that the surprisingly comfortable chairs are made out of cardboard. The eight of us ordered enough sushi to feed a small village. It all came out on a beautiful platter and plates, and tasted just as good as it looked. All in all, it was a fabulous lunch at a yummy restaurant that I will definitely try again!

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! This place was amazing, great choice Brooke! Thanks for inviting us. We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the invite brooke! we killed it

    ReplyDelete